Why OB/GYN Hospitalist?
“OB/GYN Hospitalists in this country are the wave of the future. There’s no question about it.”
- Dr. J. Joshua Kopelman - Former Chair ACOG District VIII
What is an OB/GYN Hospitalist?
The OB/GYN Hospitalist is an experienced OB/GYN physician with a practice focused on managing the OB/GYN care of the hospitalized patient
How does having an OB/GYN Hospitalist program benefit hospitals and patients?
- Improved patient safety and outcomes
- Reduced Cesarean section rates
- Reduced stress on nursing by having an in-house OB/GYN emergency specialist
- Increased consistency in hospital protocols for high-risk conditions
- Better teamwork through simulation and stable leadership
Physicians benefit by:
- Expanded knowledge and skill in labor and delivery
- Satisfaction in improved patient outcomes
- Reduced burnout from long hours and conflict with private practice
- Proven decreased malpractice costs
What are the benefits of joining SOGH?
SOGH is the only medical society whose sole focus is to advance the OB/GYN hospitalist model and to support all individuals who are dedicated to enhancing the safety and quality of OB/GYN Hospital Medicine. SOGH exists to support current OB/GYN Hospitalists and those providers looking to become OB/GYN Hospitalists.
- Discounted member pricing to attend the very popular Annual Clinical Meeting Conference
- eNewsletters with articles geared towards the OB/GYN Hospitalist – clinical pearls, coding wisdom, updates on the latest research, conference info, etc.
- Access to the most comprehensive job opportunities database to assist in finding the best physician to join your OB/GYN Hospitalist program or to find a position as an OB/GYN Hospitalist
- Training materials and videos to help you start simulation training on Labor & Delivery (coming soon)
- Access to the largest assembled group of OB/GYN hospitalists for advice through the website discussion page and for survey data regarding relationships with MFM’s and employment benefits
- Knowledge that you are part of a team who is changing the face of future obstetrics and gynecology